Francis (Fred) Gariepy provides virtual Chief Financial Officer and advisory services to the Advanced Group of Companies.
Thirty-five years of hands-on experience in a wide range of positions and industries from start-ups to multi-national corporations:
- Started career with Ernst & Young Chartered Accountants;
- Partner in two small CA firms over 10 year span;
- Worked in various finance and accounting positions for Noranda Group and Bowater as well as serving as VP Finance of Pepsi-Cola Montreal (an operating unit of PepsiCo);
- Co-founded Arrakis Technologies in the early 1980’s which created one of the first object oriented software authoring tools and 21 educational software programs published in conjunction with Prentice-Hall;
- Co-founded Lifelong.com which became a public company through a reverse merger and then developed an enterprise level e-learning platform for a China based public company targeting over 3million students in the People’s Republic of China;
- Served as interim chief financial officer for a TSX Venture listed company in Ottawa, reorganized the accounting and financial reporting systems, transitioned to new auditors and hired permanent CFO;
- Performed credit insurance underwriting and business development as Regional Manager for Atradius Credit Insurance NV;
- Founded Francis Gariepy & Associates Inc. offering CFO services for the past 10 years.
Bachelor of Commerce, Concordia University 1968; CA designation 1973.
Avid reader, involved in education, educational technology, green design, clean technology and teaching. Other pastimes include snowboarding, alpine skiing, cross-country skiing, mountain biking, weight training and hiking.